Welcome to the SecureMaryland Podcast Episode 15 “Advanced Persistent Computer” recorded on Thursday, March 8th. SecureMaryland is part of The Cast Cast network. For show notes, visit www.thecastcast.com
A very big thanks to SmartLogic Solutions for making this possible. Visit www.smartlogicsolutions.com for more information.
The Avengers opens May 4th, if you are listening to this local to the Maryland area we invite you to join us at the midnight showing – details to come soon.
Our Hosts are:
- Raymond Gabler: Overall tech geek with over 15 years of experience in the Information Security/Risk Threat management side of IT.
- John Linkous: Vice President, Chief Security and Compliance Officer for eIQ Networks. John brings more than 15 years of technology management and consulting experience specializing in enterprise systems management, information security and regulatory compliance.
- Shawn Grimes from Shawn’s Bits.com . I’ve been a Security Engineer for about the last 10 years and I can be found on twitter at @shawng
- IPAD (2012) – can’t be a techie group w/o discussing
- FBI RAT
- Advanced persistent threats meet “advanced persistent computers”. – A look into the concept of “drop boxing” and what it means to an organization. For today I want to focus on introducing the concepts and some of the risks that they pose to a company. Additionally, want to talk about the high level prevention ideas. On later shows we may get into how to build one (I have purchased one and plan on getting Pwnie Express community edition installed on it soon – but not in time for tonight).